Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Incentive Ideas for my CD/Kickstarter project


Earlier today I wrote about Kickstarter.com and my desire try to get on the website and get going with my CD project.   I have floated the idea past a couple of people, and everyone seems positive.  I am moving forward.

One of the key ingredients of the program is to have incentives to for people to invest in your project.   If you don't have incentives, then you might as well just be panhandling.  I thought I would work through a couple of things on my blog and see if my readers might help me as I develop a fair and exciting incentive program for potential backers of my recording project.  This is what I have come up with so far: (note I am still working on this and taking suggestions)
  • $1 or more - SILVER access to exclusive online behind the scenes blog of the entire project.
  • $15 or more - GOLD a digital download of the complete album, one week before public release 
  • $30 or more - PLATINUM a signed copy of the CD, one week before public release 
  • $50 or more - DIAMOND a signed copy of the CD for you, plus a copy to give away as a gift!
  • $100 or more  - MEMBER limited edition t-shirt + Diamond level+ name in CD as Project MEMBER
  • $250 or more - SPONSOR special DVD of behind the scenes footage of the recording process + Diamond and Member levels+ special recognition as Project SPONSOR 
  • $500 or more -BENEFACTOR framed and signed limited edition print of the album art, signed by the designer and the artists+ diamond, member, and sponsor perks.  CD recognition as Project Benefactor
  • 1500 or more - PATRON Listed on cd and website at the highest level of donor as a patron...Private recital for you and 20 of your closest friends + + diamond, member, sponsor, and benefactor perks.  CD recognition at the highest level as Project Partron

Of course I am open for additional ideas and I am not quite sure if all of the "Price Points" are right yet, either.  Feel free to give me your feedback. I haven't established a running budget yet for the project, which is the next step, but I am estimating at this point, a fund raising goal of around $6000 or so to make this happen.

Thoughts?

1 comment:

  1. So, I have gotten a little feedback...and I think that we needed to raise the recital to $1500. After a little talking too...$6000 might be a little tight total-wise...so I might adjust this up to around $7500.... more work needs to be done on this.

    ReplyDelete