Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Bryce in 2010, A Prologue



9:13 am Monday, December 28, 2009

I need to do laundry.  I have a more than a couple of loads to do, since I have been on the road the better part of the month of December.  I need to make a list.  I grab an envelope that contained the Christmas card from my cousin Jim's family and start a list, my to-do list for the day.  I write these to-do lists all of the time, though they don't always get done.   The list is as follows:
  1. Wrap gifts/post office (this actually gets done Tuesday morning....I am such a bad uncle, but it has been a busy Christmas season)
  2. Phone Card (for my pay-as-you-go phone; a job which still hasn't been finished, but will be doing this tonight online, before my phone expires....I only have this pay-as-you go phone because of a run in with AT&T)
  3. Bring downstairs scanner and shredder (check)
  4. Clean out refrigerator (wishful thinking)
  5. Laundry (yep started on this, and actually got it done)
  6. One bag at a time (I will explain this later)
  7. Set-up New Year's Blog (you are reading it)
  8. Louis (I had to email him back...and I did, very briefly)
     I have lots of big plans for 2010, the biggest of which is moving to Europe for my career.   The questions are numerous, and if I answer them all now, then I really have no blog.  I had asked for an external hard drive from Santa for Christmas, and was lucky enough to have gotten one.   The idea I had was to trim down my life, scan in my essentials, pictures, music, etc.  that I would need in Europe.  I would in effect digitize my entire life, and become a vagabond of sorts.  
     I figured that I would start a blog chronicling my 2010, mostly as a way for my biggest fan, my mom, to be able to follow me.   Perhaps one or two friends would follow as well and, if I am lucky I might actually learn something from this great voyage.  It was time to start to scan my stuff so I start list #2.  I just need to jump in and do this, and hold myself accountable for making all of this happen.    I will make a list of everything I do today...

  1. Grab one load of laundry.
  2. Back of envelope to make notes (if I keep putting stuff on this list it make make me feel like I have done something)
  3. Bring downstairs 3/4 full bag of trash (which I had started a couple of days ago, but now if someone walked in on me, it would look like I had gotten rid of some of my clutter)
  4. Shredder (not sure what I will be shredding, yet)
  5. Phone (plugged it in to charge? I'm not sure why I listed this, when I look back 24 hours later)
  6. Scanner (got it...time to rock and roll)
  7. Lee Silber's Time Management for the Creative Person (perhaps a quote will get me motivated)
  8. 2nd cup of coffee (yeah baby I am in this for the long haul)
I grab a green Eco-friendly, reuseable, shopping bag, fill it full of books and papers...and begin the long process of digitizing my life...

One bag at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment